Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ichabod - God's glory has departed


Why should we care about the General Assembly in Pittsburgh? It is said, “You should never read a book you could write.” Why observe a meeting whose results are already established, done, and set? I mean this, of course, in a penultimate sense, we already know that nothing will happen there that violates God’s perfect plan of judgment on the PC(USA) for giving its consent to the death of millions of children. Yet, on a human level, the fix is in. That is how it is has been with every such meeting.
Some deal will be brokered to save face regarding the blatantly Anti-Semitic appeal to the so-called “peacemakers” who would have a relatively peace loving people drop their hands in passive resignation while a dozen Arab nations prepare for their extermination. This move ought not to be brokered; it ought to be broken into pieces and those who keep putting it forward ought to be publicly rebuked by the Assembly.

In one voice with the war-making peacemakers, the primary action of the unprincipled sexual anarchists is to redefine the word “marriage.” God established the covenant of marriage while humanity was still innocent, before the corruption of sin. God provided a woman to a man for the cure for his loneliness and for the procreation of human creation. By so doing, He established the most foundational of all social institutions: the family.

Only married a man and a woman can, with the righteousness of fidelity, look fondly at a baby and say, “this is child is ours.” A child can say of his parents, “I am the sum of them and more.” This covenantal foundation creates a home begun in response to and not in rebellion against the Creator’s order. Neither two men, nor two women, can create a family where the children truly know they belong. If circumstances require the adoption of a child by a married couple, that is one thing, but to intentionally bring a child into a place where his or her parents cannot say, “This child is from our sexual union” is a violation of a foundational covenant.

When the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) redefines marriage, it touches on the most foundational social institution which flows naturally from God’s covenant of marriage. It is only to further what the Confession of 1967 (ironically) calls “sexual anarchy.”

What the Assembly comically does well is create badges, buttons and banners carrying slogans – little plays on words. It begins to look like a drunken Shiner’s convention – with funny costumes and jocular sayings. There is a tragic exchange of prayer for puns. This turns into a contest between two human agents, each crafting schemes to outwit the other. These plans are often founded on lies.

Any governing body that condones the willful killing of children while their heads crown from their mother’s birth canal is capable of justifying anything. The Presbyterian Pro-Life have all but given up trying to make a meaningful impact on the policies of this wayward denomination. Who could blame them for pronouncing “ichabod” (God’s glory has departed) on such a once great evangelical “church.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary,

Friend, as a board member of a renewal group at this and past assemblies, your judgment is harsh. I or none those I know are trying to "breathe life" into a rotten corpse. Do we seek to stop the rot? Yes, but we know that none but the Lord Jesus Christ can restore these dry bones. We are here as faithful witnesses testifying as to God's grace in our lives in the hopes that God's grace will resurrect the PCUSA like Jonah's word to the pagan Ninevites. Please pray for us who remain as the remnant.

Jack Sharpe

Gary W Miller said...

I understand Jonah quite well. I can see a worm, appointed by God, bringing down a plant that once offered a small measure of comfort.

Jack, I don't require anyone to share my expressed sentiments. I feel simply what I feel. I think simply what I think. Your agreement nor disagreement will have little effect on that disposition. I say "little" for they will have some.

Gary W Miller said...

Jack, please note the sentence you cite has been deleted.

Anonymous said...

Gary, thanks! I do not disagree with your analysis, nor do I denigrate what you think. My only problem was with your conclusion that everyone has the same call. I appreciate your redrafting!

Blessings to you and thanks for your thinking.

Jack

Anonymous said...

May I simply say that it is a great pleasure to see two Christians disagree but treat each other with kindness and gentleness? Thank you both for this good example!

Patti Beckman
Pastor, First Presbyterian Church
Hillsdale, MI

will spotts said...

All too true.

And very sad.

Post a Comment