I want to pass on a simple point that was delivered to me a precious friend. He reminded me we each will stand before God to present a stewardship report for how we have the handled Word of God entrust to our care as we are stewards of the mysteries. (I Corinthians 4:1)
We do not give that account as a denomination but as God's ordained ministers. James gives a warning of a double judgement for all who set out to teach others the faith. Jesus warns us to never put a stumbling block in the way of others (these little children).
The problem text for this interpretation lies in the Jesus message to the Seven city-wide Churches in Asia Minor. There a stewardship account is called for by the Christians in whole cities. Among the issues often repeated was "sexual immorality" and catering to a heretical group called the NICOLAITANS who were trying to corrupt the seven churches doctrinally and morally.
I am thinking that part of our individual accountability is how we as men and women call to lead the people have supported or resisted the corrupting elements of our denomination.
Perhaps we have already been warned by God and have turned a deaf ear to Spirit. Maybe God has already removed our candlestick (Which I believe is the presence of God's Spirit.)
Excuse me while I set my hand to prepare my daily stewardship report to my Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment